Elachi Chai or Cardamom Tea
- Leave a Comment
Elachi Chai or Cardamom Tea..name says it all..
A freshly prepared hot cup of tea can take away all your tiredness..Don’t you agree? This flavored tea always reminds me of the cutting chai ( half cup tea )that you get at the roadside tea stalls in India.A great bunch of friends and a cutting chai could keep me going as a college student or now as a hectic scheduled working women.
Ok.. less talk and let’s get brewing cardamom tea
- Full Cream Milk – 1 Cup
- Water – 1.5 Cups
- Tea Powder – 1.5 Teaspoons
- Cardamom – 1 Pod
- Sugar – To Taste
- Into a sauce pan/ deep bottom pan , pour full cream milk and water.
- Split open the cardamom pod and scrap the seeds into the sauce pan. Drop even the pod (Skin of the cardamom) into it. Allow it to simmer on medium flame.
- When it starts simmering, add 1.5 teaspoons of tea powder. Allow it to boil for another 1 – 2 minutes
- Now use a strainer to strain it into a cup and add sugar if required.
- Serve it piping hot…
- You can substitute sugar with stevia powder / sugar free tablets
- You dont like the creamy taste of full cream milk in a cup of tea?? Substitute it with Low fat milk or… drink it as a black tea by avoiding milk
- If you are not a fan of strong tea flavor…you can either use a tea bag or don’t brew the tea powder for long time.