Bhurji / Burji
- Leave a Comment
Bhurji / Burji (Indian Version of Scrambled Eggs) can be served as a side dish for breakfast,lunch or dinner.. create a sandwich or use it as filling for egg roll. In the south of India a version of this Egg Bhurgi (Mutta Thoran) is served as an accompaniment with rice, while in the north of India, Bhurji is accompanied by Roti or Paav.
- Eggs – 4
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 Cup
- Chopped Tomato – 1/2 Cup
- Chopped Green Chillies – 1 teaspoon
- Finely chopped ginger – 1teaspoon
- Finely chopped garlic – 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric – ¼ teaspoon
- Coriander powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Cumin seeds/ Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Sunflower Oil – 2 to 3 tablespoon
- Garam Masala – 1 to 2 pinch
- Salt – To Taste
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 Tablespoon
- Heat a skillet or a frying pan on medium heat and add oil into it.
- When the oil is hot , add onion and sauté it for a minute or two until the onion becomes translucent.
- Now add chopped garlic, ginger, green chilli and sauté it again for few seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes into this mixture and sauté it for another minute or two.
- Now add chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds/powder, garam masala,coriander leaves and sauté it again for few seconds .This will help the spices to spread across evenly in the mixture
- Lower the flame and break the eggs into the mixture, add salt to taste and use a fork or tip of the spoon or whisk to scramble it into the spice mixture prepared. Keep whisking while the egg is getting cooked on the lower flame and to get the scrambled egg effect.
- When the egg is scrambled and gives separated granular feel. Remove it from the flame and serve it with rice, roti, bread or paav.
- If you want to keep the dish less spicy. Increase the number of eggs and keep the other ingredients measurement same.
- Use a thick bottom non-stick pan, it will prevent the egg from getting stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- If you want to pack this for your kids lunch avoid green chilli and red chilli powder