Baked Kheema Roll or Minced Meat Roll
- Leave a Comment
Kheema or mince can be made with any meat you prefer. Baked kheema roll or minced meat roll is extremely versatile and just changing the masala can result in a great new taste each time. In this preparation I have used ‘Beef Kheema and Greenpeas Mix’ to make Kheema Roll. You may find the recipe for this mix in my blog. Its is a healthy minced meat roll recipe as the process is baking and not frying.
- Cooked Kheema / Minced Meat and Greenpeas Mix – 2 to 3 Cups
- Flour – 2 Cups
- Salt – 2 -3 Pinches
- Water – 1 Cup
- Beaten Egg – 1
- To the Flour, add two to three pinches of salt.
- Add water slowly into it and knead it to tighten the dough. Tip – Continue kneading for two to three additional minutes even after the dough becomes consistent, this will ensure that the baked rolls are soft and fluffy.
- Wrap the dough in a clean piece of cloth that is damp and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, divide the dough into 4 parts. Take one part and roll it into triangle or a circle (as you prefer). Tip – Remember to apply a little oil as you roll it to prevent the dough from sticking to the rolling pin.
- Now take approximately 2 tablespoons of the Kheema mixture and place it in the middle of the triangle.
- Brush water on the edges of the roll and fold it towards the middle and press all the edges together to seal the dough.
- Brush some beaten egg over the roll.
- Preheat the oven to 140 Degree Celsius. Apply oil to the baking tray and place the rolls on it. Slide the baking tray into the preheated oven and bake it for 15- 20 Minutes at 130 Degree.
- When you observe the top layer of the roll turning golden brown, take the juicy Kheema rolls out of the oven. Remember to serve it hot with some tomato sauce.